The 7 popular trends of 2016 in kitchen cabinetry have been listed on the blog run by Siteline Cabinetry, a custom kitchen cabinet and storage area manufacturer owned by the Corsi Group. Those trends are as follows:
- Personalized cabinets: Home owners are becoming more creative when it comes to combining colors, materials and surface finishes for their kitchen cabinets, and cabinet manufacturers and suppliers like Siteline Cabinetry have taken customers’ designs into consideration while building them and expand the range of cabinet features made available to consumers.
- Shaker style: New innovations have been seen throughout 2016 in the shaker style cabinet, so it is no longer just a plain, boring five-piece door with a recessed center panel. There is a lot more room for improvement and adjustment with the otherwise simple design that has been built and sold for decades.
- Neutral colors: White cabinets still remain a popular choice for many, but other colors which are along the neutral line that are neither too dark nor too bright, for example grey, are taking over from the traditional color of choice.
- Horizontal cabinetry: While vertical cabinets were and still are very common in kitchens, horizontal cabinets have been picking up an increasing share of cabinet sales in 2016, thanks to the refined look they bring to the kitchen along with easier access to the jars inside, since the need to stack cabinets on top of each other is vanishing with the wider storage they provide.
- High tech add-ons: Next generation home owners are coming up with more innovative ideas every day to combine technology with the kitchen surroundings, such as installing embedded charging stations in their cabinets. These new ideas are encouraging cabinet manufacturers like Siteline to think from a more advanced technological perspective.
- Functional design: Not only are cabinets expected to look and feel good in this day and age, but they are also expected to have greater functionality in order to fulfill storage and organizational requirements of home owners.
- Subtlety in design: Clean lines are becoming the norm in kitchen cabinetry as they provide flexibility in case a future upgrade becomes necessary.